This is so beautiful and something that I have personally believed in all my life, I didn’t even realise that many people believed the same, or that it even had a name. I had this info sent to me from a friend and I have no idea where it originates from – if you are the writer of this info or part of it, please let me know and I will be more than happy to credit you for it.
For those of you who are looking, searching or have found their perfect partner you will enjoy reading this. Twin Flames are different from Soul Mates. I am lucky enough to have finally joined with my “Twin Flame” but I still have one or two very special Soul Mates in my life whom I cherish very dearly and will love unconditionally forever.
The final division of the soul that took place eons and eons ago could be likened to the separating of a magnet into two separate pieces. Each piece would be predominately one polarity or the other but a residual amount of its opposite essence would always be present within itself.
So it is with the divided twin (soul). The masculine half has always retained some of the original feminine energy that the soul first possessed while the feminine half still holds onto a part of the masculine essence it once was united with. Since that time we have roamed around in this incomplete state of being experiencing life after life and relationship after relationship until we decide we’ve had enough and want something more fulfilling. In order for that to happen each twin must first achieve a balance of masculine and feminine essence within themselves and bring that balanced energy to each other to complete the whole.
Ultimately, each and every one of us will reach a point when a very serious choice and commitment is made… to begin the process of growing and evolving on a spiritual level. As that happens we will rediscover our true spiritual nature and go through an inner transformation that is so profound it will affect the deepest part of our being. At that moment the soul begins to crave completion with its Source in a way that is difficult to describe unless one has experienced it. Part of this craving will be satisfied by reunion with our twin.
The twin-soul concept is not new. Plato described it 2,500 years ago. Here is an excerpt:
” … and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight even for a moment…
When each of us separated into our male and female halves long ago, the soul knew (and still knows) that the rejoining of its incomplete self would inevitably take place… it was part of the divine plan. After that agonizing and painful division took place a deep seated yearning for oneness began to linger within each of us and the desire for reunion and completeness has endured over the ages. Only one other in all the universe can satisfy it. As a result, we are constantly searching for our twin. But the desire for completion doesn’t stop there… and the soul also realizes this. What the soul really wants is not only reunion with itself but the original feeling of oneness it had with its Source in the very beginning. This craving for the “First Intimacy” will not stop until it is fully satisfied. We have as long as we want to make it happen… but it will happen.
“Out of the original unity of being there is a fragmentation and dispersal of beings, the last stage being the splitting of one soul into two. And consequently, love is the search by each half for the other half on earth or in heaven…
As twin souls are so alike to begin with, it seems necessary for them to go their separate ways before they can complete each other. Identity and complementarily are the two driving forces and axes of love… For the complete being there must be a blending of the two.”
If two twins are to reunite and then have a meaningful partnership both have to be spiritually ready for it. At that point the Universe will create the special forces necessary to bring them together for another moment in time. However, the search for the other must always begin as a search within each of the twins themselves first before lasting reunion is possible. Each has to discover his or her own individual spiritual nature and potential… and then do their best to live it on a daily basis.
There are no dependencies in a twin soul relationship because the “sense of self” has been developed quite well within each of the partners. To reach that point, a certain degree of internal balance and happiness must first be nurtured and achieved. Then, during reunion, the essence of one simply flows into the essence of the other to create the completeness. There is no effort involved.
It is also impossible for twin souls to remain separated on any kind of permanent basis. When in relationship, they will continue to have conflicts. However, they will be driven to resolve these conflicts (and any past karma) as quickly as possible. Nothing is left unsaid. Nothing is left to chance. Assumptions never enter their minds. All is out in the open. Neither sits, pouts and wonders who will make the first move at “making up.” There are no games. There is no pretending. There is no deception. There is no fear of reprisal because unconditional love is the foundation upon which their relationship has been built. In essence, they can just be themselves. And as each conflict resolves, the bond of love between them takes on renewed meaning and strength. What incredible freedom! Such is the nature of this very divine and profound union.
How will you know you have met your twin? Here are some of the experiences given by others who have met their twin.
- Chances are you’ve met through a set of unusual circumstances… totally unplanned and unexpected
- There is an instantaneous feeling that you have known the other before
- You felt an immediate and deep connection for one another
- There is an electrifying feeling between the two of you that words cannot describe
- The relationship is immediate… as though no time had been lost since you were last together
- It feels as though you had never lived before the reunion occurred
- You feel a deep sense of unity that you’ve have never known before
- It brings on feelings you never thought possible
- The two of you are inseparable
- When you look into each other’s eyes time and space have no meaning
- There are no barriers between the two of you… the relationship is a totally open one
- Your conversations seem to go on forever
- The two of you have a strong urge to serve humanity in a deep and meaningful way
- You give to the other and never think of receiving in return
- There is a special sacredness to your relationship that transcends anything you’ve ever experienced before
- You still have karma with your twin (from previous lives) but the two of you resolve it all with total forgiveness and unconditional love
- Neither one of you are dependent on the other for your sense of self
- There is a real feeling of unlimitedness to your feelings… you have a strong sense of eternity
- Your feelings for each other are very spiritual
- There are no restrictions within the relationship… all is freedom without the need for ownership or control
- The two of you know without doubt that you have been brought together for a reason
- You do not compete with one another nor do you pretend to be other than who you are
- In spite of your sameness there is no doubt you feel a sense of completion through the other
- Trust, patience, acceptance of each other’s weaknesses happen automatically
- There is a great sense of purpose and meaning to the relationship
- Your sexuality with one another is a sacred act that celebrates the unconditional love you have for one another
- When you look into the other’s eyes you see yourself
- You experience a sense of completeness that is without comparison
There is no doubt that some of the experiences described above are also common to soul mate relationships. What really sets the twin soul union apart from all the rest is the profound degree of completeness experienced and the overwhelming sense of spirituality unique to them. Twins want to serve humanity in some meaningful way. There is also a very sacred sense of intimacy and feeling of divinely inspired wholeness that one finds within a twin soul relationship. It is not by accident nor is it without purpose.